Welcome! If you want to learn English from a native speaker, you’ve come to the right place. I was born in London, and have lived in many places in the UK, as well as other English speaking countries. e.g. the USA, Australia and New Zealand.
In other words, I’m well versed in how English varies in different countries.
Why work with me, instead of a thousand other teachers who are probably cheaper?
Anybody can do a TEFL course, and call himself or herself an English teacher.
Here are a few reasons:
- I’m a passionate lover of words, languages, accents, dialects, reading and learning
- I’m constantly reading and learning more about English, and language in general
- I’ve spent many years studying the easiest and quickest ways to learn a language
- I speak the basics of several other languages, so I know what you’re going through
- I’m a trained Life Coach, so I can explain things in simple language, so you understand
- I’m good at offering gentle feedback that supports you, rather than discourages you
- I’ve lectured at university and other places, so I know how to communicate well
- I have acted both for film and on stage, so I’ve learned how to speak clearly
- I work both in person and online, so it doesn’t matter if we live nearby or not
- I do have a TEFL Certificate, so I have been formally trained to teach English
But don’t take my word for it. Here’s what another TEFL teacher said about me:
‘I have been speaking English all my life, and decided to train in teaching English overseas. Ed helped me with difficult grammar exercises, and he was very smart, clear, patient and a good listener. It all clicked after my session with him.’
DJ, phone tutoring session, October 2017
I’m happy taking you from the very basics, all the way up to becoming fluent, and speaking English better than many native speakers!
You’ll learn how to talk casually with friends, and also how to speak formally, so you’ll be able to talk with the Queen, if you ever have the chance! There’s a big difference between these situations, and it’s very important understand if you want to avoid embarrassment.
Still not sure? I’d like to offer you an initial 15 minute session for only $5, so you get a taste of how I work, and how we can work together.
Contact me now to begin your journey to improved English!
I look forward to helping you master this wonderful language.
p.s. yes, I’m expensive. You can definitely find cheaper elsewhere.
The trick is to find a capable teacher who loves teaching English, rather than doing it just because English is their first language. A teacher who keeps studying the language just for fun.
On the other hand, if you prefer a cheaper option, best of luck!